Sunday, December 20, 2009

I need advice on how to handle parents?

Hello everyone I am 16 years old and go to high school, i really do love my parents but lately my Dad has been getting drunk quite often and its really picking up lately and he is getting mad at me and my mom alot lately. Should i tell him to stop drinking ? how should i go about this I think its starting to become a problem.I need advice on how to handle parents?
hey you can try to talk to him, like the man you think you are...see what's bothering him, driving him to drink.


it could be finance, or just issues you are too young to understand. be prepared if he snaps at you...if he starts hitting you guys, it's time to call the cops...abuse ain't never coolI need advice on how to handle parents?
Kids don't do well telling their parents what to do or imputing their suggestions about problems like drinking, drugs, etc..


If I were you Shawn, I would write your dad a letter and let him know how much it hurts you and your mom to see him in this way. Just humble yourself and tell him you love him.


Maybe you and your mom should go to Alanon. There are meetings everywhere and at every time of day.. Are you familiar with this organization? Family and friends support for alchohal and drug use.


Comfort your mom when she is dealing with this and stay out of his way so the verbal doesn't turn into anything worse.


Good Luck.....
hey, just know your deffinelty not alone, my grandpa stuggles alot with his drinking, and my mom says i should tell him because he wont listen to her, but im scared to. the more i think about it tho the more i want to tell him how i feel. good question and im really sorry about your dad. But i think that you should sit on it a little, you know, if you feel like its safe let him know how much he's hurting you. hope i helped. :]
Shawn, I feel 4 u , I am a Mom age 48 and I think it is irresposible of your Dad to do this. I spent over 23 years with Hubby and My daughter now age 21 helped me to survive. SO be there for your Mom and do what you feel you have too to keep her safe and yourself. I know she will appreciate it. If she dont then she is just as bad as Dad. I love my 2 children for sticking by me. Good luck. %26amp; IF it gets worse call the authorities on him and dont let him see you do this. K? GBU...

No comments:

Post a Comment