Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Any advice on how to get a Best Answer?

Answer questions in the best way you can, sometimes throwing a bit of humour in also helpsAny advice on how to get a Best Answer?
you got to give one to get one..........Any advice on how to get a Best Answer?
To answer your question Grasshopper, one must look into who they are.


One must only respond to questions where your answer will be full of knowledge.


In your answer, be aware of the question.


Know what you are talking about.


Being who you are, being true to ones self will always help you give your ';Best Answer';.


Oh and try and find a good hook.
I answer questions to the best of my ability. I try to be accurate, concise, honest and non-judgmental and I don't worry if my answer is going to be chosen as ';best answer'; because...ultimately, the asker is going to pick the answer that they 'want' to hear regardless of the answerer's credentials, knowledge and accuracy.








Actually, who cares about the point system anyway? If you are leading in a category, do you win a Jaguar or something? :)
Sometimes speed is key, sometimes it's detail, and sometimes it's agreeing with whatever opinion the asker spouts. Sometimes, it's simply nicking all the previous answers, and mashing them together (not that I recommend doing that). Oh, and added humour is good, too.
I have the most number of best answers in the Business and Finance category, and here are my strategies:





1. Answer the question with the intent of providing the best answer. I don't answer that many questions, but when I do, I really take time to answer them well.


2. Research as much as possible about the question. If the person is asking for information on business plans, for example, give the person 5 links instead of just 1. In my case, I always put links plus book sources


3. Always put sources for your answer, and make it as credible as possible


4. Instead of saying ';go to this link'; summarize what is on that link.


5. People like long expounded answers (though I have lost several points to askers who prefer one sentence responses). Long answers show you know the topic very well


6. Develop your ';money points'; - questions where you've written extremely well responses and search for those questions regularly and answer them. In my case, I always answer questions on availability of grants for business and my batting average for this type of question is 90% best answers.


7. Prepare shortcuts - time is of essence sometimes when you want to be the first person to answer the question.


8. Vote for your answers IF you think it is the best answer of the bunch. Voting for yourself is allowed by the rules





Most important of all -- have fun (and don't be obsessed by points that you'll answer ';I haven't the foggiest'; or ';No clue'; to questions just to get points)
answer a question with all the information you can. don't give one word answers. try to offer a unique/sincere perspective on their question.
Give a good answer, not a short dumb answer like I just gave you.
answer on something you're knowledgeable about. give more information than asked for that pertains to the subject. be very helpful... give the best answer.
Read the q and a of someone who has a high percentage of best answers. Like Leon Spencer. His is 46%.
Just answer thoroughly. Imagine when you choose a best answer, how you choose and why. Just make it for so that people don't have to read so much ,but you still get the message clear. Hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment