Friday, January 8, 2010

Need advice on how to deal with anxiety from argument?

- BF %26amp; I together 6 mos


- Moved back w/ Mo til Oct when new place ready


- Now 1hr away fr BF


- Been spending wkends together at his place cuz of commute, his idea


- BF lives in studio apt


- Feeling crowded, need my space but dont have ANY right now


- Knew BF must be feeling same if not worse since always had own space, 1st relationship hes been serious about %26amp; hes been wonderful (not sugarcoating) but also respect hes not used to sharing his space so much (hes also hearing impaired)


- Both been irritable; I was afraid to speak up, he was afraid to, but we both blew up so finally talked about it


I proposed we cut back ';our'; weekend one night so we each have our own time. He thought it was also healthy idea. Reassured me he loves me %26amp; wants future/marriage when we're financially ready-- we'll get a house together that has enough room.


BUT-- I still feel ANXIETY. I feel stupid %26amp; insecure now, like fight has ruined it %26amp; if we were meant to be, space wouldnt matter. Any advice?Need advice on how to deal with anxiety from argument?
space is really important but distance is to. Have you ever heard someone say ';distance makes the heart grow fonder'; well it is true to much time can spoil a relationship and too little can strain the relationship.





If you are trying to start a life together time together should be more then time apart. I felt like me and my boyfriend needed space too. But he said that it was kind of contradictory If we are trying to move in together. We need to spend time to get used to spending time together because we will have to so it's better to prepare so when we do move together we will know how it feels to constantly be around each other.





I think you to are both experiencing anxiety because you are both a little nervous. Two people joining as one and living together can make things difficult. example :anxieties people experience before getting married. You should make sure you two are truly ready to share lives or this would not be a problem. GL

No comments:

Post a Comment