Friday, April 30, 2010

I'm trying to learn how to juggle a soccer ball and I need some help. Can you give me instruction or advice?

I need easy, clear instructions and advice. Thanks! :)I'm trying to learn how to juggle a soccer ball and I need some help. Can you give me instruction or advice?
Try starting with a technique my coach called The One Bounce. Drop the ball and kick it back as straight as possible, not too high or too low. wait for the ball to come down and bounce and do it again. Try to incorporate both your left and right feet, and gradually increase the amount you can comfortably juggle the ball before letting it bounce. Remember to keep your ankle locked, with your toes pointed out and not up! Also be sure to learn to use surfaces like your knees, head and shoulder. this will help completely develop your soccer touch.I'm trying to learn how to juggle a soccer ball and I need some help. Can you give me instruction or advice?
Make sure that when you kick the ball you hit it nicely in the center. If you hit it to the side, it will go to the side. But if you hit the ball in the center, it can only go up.





Most people kick the ball way harder than they need too. Don't underestimate the kick, because the ball just falls to the ground. But you don't need to hit it hard. The momentum of the ball falling and hitting your foot if you give it a little kick should be enough to get it up to the perfect height. Try to kick with the same power and keep the ball bouncing at a normal height.





You may feel as if the ball is bouncing too close to you at times but after practicing you'll get the feeling of how to figure that out. I use my knees sometimes, or I try to move the ball more forwards. It's hard but eventually you will figure out what works best.





Lastly, don't tense up your feet lol. I use to do that and it made the ball not bounce right and bounce too far towards me. Just keep your feet strong but not in a stiff position. You don't want to relax your feet to much because it makes the ball bounce wrong if the ball hits something loose. I'm not sure how to explain this..basically...keep your feet strong but do not make them STIFF...





Everyone has their own ways to hit the ball, this is mine, so if it doesn't work for you...you could try something else. But I think overall this is the basic things to remember...along with practicing! It took me about a week of practicing to see dramatic improvement. Hope these tips help!
Now listen Britt, I know you heard this thousands of times before but PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE, 15 minutes everyday, I'm a toss juggler but still you need to just practice it. You can learn how to hacky sack which may help with your eye-foot coordination, but you don't have to be as good as this guy:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_CNYLvRD鈥?/a>
Take the ball, drop it from shoulder height, and kick it up when it nears the ground.





There's no specific ';Do This'; instruction. You just have to practice. You'll be chasing a lot of balls around when you start. It takes a while to get good, so don't get frustrated.
Ok drop the ball to your knees when its about chest height bring whatever is your dominant knee up and hit it. then just use whatever knee is closest. make sure not to hit the ball to high or try to rush your knees up. wait for it to come for you.
P-R-A-C-T-I-C-E


Is that easy enough.
  • laura mercier
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment